Dental Implants Toronto
Free phone consultation
Have questions about dental implants? Schedule a free phone consultation with our Toronto dentist.
5 star google reviews
Our patients love us! See for yourself why people are choosing Atlas Dental for Toronto dental implants.
Dental Implant Emergency service
Broke a tooth and need a dental implant? Or has a dental implant chipped or loosened or is causing pain? Book an emergency dental appointment today
Your First Choice for Dental Implants in Toronto
An experienced dental implant dentist
It is important to choose a dental implant dentist that is familiar with the many dental implant brands on the market such as Neodent, Straumann, Nobel, Biohorizons, Dentsply, and Hiossen. Sometimes, dental implants require additional attention, Atlas Dental works with all kinds of dental implants to provide you the most durable, cost-effective and best looking dental implants solution.
Dental Implant Procedures all in one convenient downtown Toronto location
- Tooth extraction
- Bone grafts
- Dental implant surgery
- Gum tissue and other soft tissue surgical procedures
- Digital dental implant crown design
- Dentures supported by dental implants
- Other cosmetic implant dental services
Neodent dental implants
What Are Dental Implants?
A Dental Implant is an artificial root made of titanium metal. It is inserted into the jawbone to replace the root of the natural tooth. A prosthetic tooth crown is then attached on top of the implant. In this way, the dental implant acts as a fixed anchor to hold the prosthetic tooth in place.
Dental implant surgery has dramatically changed the replacement of missing teeth. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Dental implants can replace one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. Whatever your oral health circumstance may be, you can be rest assured that the dental implant procedure is a safe and reliable treatment option for tooth replacement. At Atlas dental, we use state of the art, highest quality implants to help patients achieve a new smile. Schedule a free consultation by phone with your Toronto dental implants dental team.
A Permanent solution for Natural Tooth Replacement
In the past, it used to be that if a patient suffered tooth loss from poor dental health, periodontal disease, or tooth decay, the patient’s treatment options were limited to: no tooth replacement, dental bridges, or dentures.
All of these treatment options had their limitations.
- No tooth replacement: Tooth loss is devastating. Choosing to not replace a natural tooth and leaving it as a space can lead to bone loss, which may require expensive bone grafting if you want dental implants in future. Moreover, adjacent teeth can drift and shift out of place, making your teeth crooked. Last but not least, having fewer natural teeth means the rest of the teeth in your mouth are doing more work when you eat. This can lead to problems like worn down and damaged teeth, and further tooth loss.
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge is a way to replace a missing tooth by using adjacent teeth as support for a false floating tooth. Patients choose dental bridges because as far as dental services go, a dental bridge is a fast treatment requiring two appointments only two weeks apart. No oral surgery required. They look like natural teeth, and are great for adjacent teeth that already need full coverage protection from dental crowns, such as teeth with root canals. Dental bridges may not cost as much as a dental implant, but there are downsides. Bridges do not prevent bone loss. They also make oral hygiene difficult and if any of the supporting teeth get tooth decay, one risks further tooth loss.
- Denture: A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Dentures can either be full or partial, meaning they can either replace all teeth on either the top or bottom gum line, or just a few that are missing. However, patients do not like how dentures are not fixed. Also, dentures do not prevent bone loss, and may in fact accelerate it.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the perfect tooth replacement solution that overcomes all the limitations of dental bridges and dentures. Dental implants preserve bone, they make oral hygiene easier, they do not have to be taken in and out, and look, function and feel like a natural tooth! To learn more about dental implants Toronto, contact Atlas Dental your dental implant dental team!
DENTAL IMPLANTS TORONTO FAQ'S
Wondering what is the average cost of a dental implant? At Atlas Dental, we aim to provide affordable dental implants without compromising the patient experience. The average cost of dental implants in Toronto can range from $3600-4700 depending on the dental implant procedure required. Book a free phone consultation to find your low cost dental implants solution.
Whether replacing a single tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants have helped the patient experience these and other benefits:
- Improved appearance
- Better speech
- Improved comfort
- Better eating function
- Improved self esteem
- Better oral health
Patients that choose not to have quality dental implants can experience the following:
- Drifting of adjacent teeth: when there is a gap, the teeth around the gap can move and drift into the empty space. This results in food trapping, tooth decay, and a crowded smile.
- Difficulty chewing: missing teeth make it hard to chew food.
- Poor appearance and bone loss: loss of youthful facial structure due to bone shrinking away in places where teeth are missing
- Loss of lip support: The lips appear shrunken inwards because teeth are not present to support them.
- Poor speech: Difficulty in speaking especially if front teeth are missing.
The dental implant procedure may be right for you if you:
- Have one or more missing tooth
- Are an adult (upper jaw and lower jaw are fully mature)
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
- Have adequate bone to secure the dental implants or are able to have bone grafting
- Have good oral health
- Are willing to commit several months to the process
- Do not have health conditions that will affect bone healing, such as severe diabetes, cancer, or osteoporosis requiring bisphosphonate treatment
- Are medically fit for dental implant surgery.
- Do not smoke tobacco
- Are not pregnant
Dental implant procedures may NOT be right for you if you have:
- Illness – acute or terminal
- Uncontrolled metabolic conditions, such as severe diabetes
- Cancer, or being treated for cancer.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Bleeding problems
- Smokers or bisphosphonate treatment
- Cardiovascular illnesses such as recent stroke, heart attack, or heart surgery
Before we place dental implants in Toronto, your dentist must do a thorough exam to see if you are a good candidate. You may require a special 3D x-ray scan called a Cone Beam CT to assess the amount of bone you have. Inadequate bone support will require bone grafting procedure.
At the first appointment, the dentist will numb the area with local anesthetic. The dentist will then remove the tooth and perform dental implant surgery. Sometimes, you need a bone grafting to support the bone. In smile makeover cases involving the front teeth, the dentist may place temporary implant crowns at the time of the first surgery. The dentist may choose to bury the implant under the gum to allow for maximal healing. A second surgery would be required to to uncover it after four to six months. You then require another four to six weeks for gum healing.
The next step is to make the final dental implant crown. The dentist will take a 3D scan to capture the position of the dental implant. When the final crown returns from the lab, the dentist will secure it on top of the dental implant.
Atlas Dental can finish a simple dental implant case in four to six months. Complex procedures such as bone grafting adds an additional six months of treatment time.
Most people experience the dental implant procedure in complete comfort. Local anesthetic is always used to numb the surgery area . For more information on proper aftercare, please consult our dental implant post-operative instructions for more information.
Dental implants generally have very good success rates. Many studies and systematic reviews suggest that at 10 years, dental implants have a survival rate at about 95%.
Even though dental implants enjoy a very high success rate, they can fail. Peri-implantitis occurs if you have infection around your dental implants. This is usually due to poor oral hygiene during the critical time right after surgery Other reasons include smoking, and traumatic biting on the implant.
The best way to prevent this problem is to practice good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist. follow the specific post-operative instructions given to you by your dentist.
Visit our page on Dental Implant Surgery Post-Operative Instructions for proper aftercare information.
Atlas Dental makes contacting a Toronto Dental Implants Dentist easy!
We offer free consultations and second opinions about dental implants Toronto. Schedule a free phone consultation.
Book a dental appointment online
With a few clicks of a button, you can schedule your visit at Atlas Dental. Use our online booking system to find an appointment time that suits you!
Call us by Telephone
Send us a message
Fill out the form below and we will reply by the next business day.